Main conventions for a film trailer;
From analysing three film trailers, posters and websites. I noticed the similar features for example the same layout and colours used.
For a film trailer they are;
- The trailer is no longer then 1minute 15seconds.
- Showing the main characters but not revealing too much.
- Brief storyline of what is happening.
- If a voice over is being used it is a deep serious voice.
- Title of the film looks very plain to stand out.
Main conventions of a film website;
- Have a image on the website relating to the film
- Release date being put on the website
- Links at the bottom, to become a fan on different social networking sites such as Face book.
- List of options to choose from for example gallery, downloads etc.
- Some websites had a tagline used.
Main conventions for a film poster;
- Three convention colours being used for the entire promotional package.
- One image on the poster being in the middle.
- Release date
- Billing block
- Tag line.