It is important to acknowledge every stage of production, as there are many changes which are incorporated in the production and therefore it is useful to understand why these changes have been made. As we are able to see, there have been a significant number of changes incorporated within the finished product, the different stages allows us acknowledge critical developments made, and how the overall product was achieved. These different stages of the production of my film poster have been shown below assisted by the reasons why some changes have made.
The first stage shown above is the first step of which was carried out for the production of my poster. Through various textual analysis, it had been established that other than a visual background, the inclusion of very dark colour choice were incorporated within the poster. Therefore, as we are able to established, within the first stages the choice of background colour and the creation of the billing block, applying the conventional font of ‘Steel tongs’ was produced and located at the bottom of the portrait page.
The second stage consisted of producing the consistent typography which would have been applied within ym main product and two ancillary products. The use of colour staturation effect has also been applied to the title of the film, in order to create a unique look. The use of a tagline and incorporation of a famous director are also recognisable features which have been incorporated within the film poster in order to engage the target audience. Within this particular stage we are also able to visualise the colour combination choices develop on the page as fonts are presented on a misty white, and red, which more importantly contrast with the background to stand out.
The next stage of production involved portraying an image on the front cover. As we are able to establish below, the production of the poster goes through many stages of which devlop the image consisted on the page. The first image, which I had incoporated was the image of the house. As we are able to see, through feedback I found that the house wasnt scary enough, and the image was too simple to convey and particular meaning.
Therefore, within stage four, as we are able to recognise the image has been changed. Here to overall layout from the influence of the film poster ‘The Blair witch project’ had created has been attempted. I felt the inclusion of a realistic background as well as a character, would enable to the film poster to create a sense of meaning of which suited the horror genre. It is evident that, the inclusion of these specific images had not developed this idea. Moreover, it had become an issue that if the filmn is called ‘Hell House’ then it is essential to include the image of the haunted house within the film poster product.
Attempting to continue the layout from the influence of the film poster ‘The Blair witch project’ again, with the inclusion of the haunted house within the poster, making the film poster relevant to the film title, it is evident that the layout it not working out. Therefore, within the next development stage it may be an appropriate idea for the image included on the film poster to consume of one single image, in order to produce a successful outcome.
As we had established within the previous stage, it is essential for the image consisted on the film poster to consisted of one dominant image. As conveyed within stage six, this had been incorporated, however, it is another issue that the image contained on the page, does not include the house known as ‘Hell House’. Moreover, through feedback, it was also another issue risen, that the image of the poster needed to construct the narrative story, through layers within the poster. Therefore, significant changes were essential.
Considering the feedback previously mentioned, this current stage of development of my poster includes an image of the house representing ‘Hell House’. The house chosen, is an abandoned house, of which consumes a correct look, to demonstrate the horror genre. Through the use of the softeware Photoshop, many images such as the house have been manipulating the use of lighting effects. Also the use of the sky with the eyes evolving out of the image, tries to demonstrate the build up of narrative within the mise en scene. It is evident this image used, does not embrace a realistic look. As I am not satisfied with this outcome, further changes to the image of the poster will be made. This involves taking other images.
The poster shown above within stage eight, is the example of the image retaken. The image here within the same image consumes a layered narrative consisted through the use of the mise en scene. The use of the stripy lines adds texture to the image, as well as the use of lighting effect included within the image follows the horror genre. This outcome of the film poster I find is more realistic and effective, consuming the potential to engage and attract the target audience.
Through the process of audience feedback, I had published the previous film poster on a social networking site. Through this, I had been able to collect some very constructive feedback. The poster shown within this current stage, conveys the significant changes to the final film poster. As we are able to see, the most obvious development which took place was altering the colour of the image to black and white. This enabled the image to fit the horror genre more clearly. Moreover, the use of the taglines ‘Enter at your own risk’ and ‘From the director of the Exorcist’ have also been changed around. This particular change took place, as it had been evident for the buyline ‘From the director of the Exorcist’ was more conventional to be consisted at the top of the page, as this also attracted the audience more easily.